Smackdown Live Notes, Results & Review: December 11, 2018December 11, 2018
- Daniel Bryan def. Mustafa Ali.
Match Grade: B-
Match Time: 10:00
- The Miz & Shane McMahon def. Chip & Chad (The Vegas Boys)
Match Grade: C-
Match Time: 1:35
- Rusev & Jeff Hardy def. Samoa Joe & Shinsuke Nakamura.
Match Grade: B-
Match Time: 7:45
- Asuka def. Charlotte Flair via DQ.
Match Grade: B+
Match Time: 17:20
Daniel Bryan Promo
- Bryan reminds the people that he called them sheep.
- Bryan wants to apologize to the sheep.
- Bryan says he shouldn’t compare sheep to humans.
- Bryan calls the fans ‘parasites’.
- Bryan says you take & you take but give nothing in return.
- Bryan says they latched onto the old Daniel Bryan.
- Bryan for the third straight week reminds us that the old Daniel Bryan and the YES Movement is dead.
- Bryan says now the fans resigns on the couch and the house that AJ Styles built.
- Bryan says he will beat Styles at TLC.
- Bryan says he doesn’t know if the fans are deliberately stupid or not.
- Mustafa Ali comes out.
- Ali introduces himself.
- Bryan says he knows who he is, the fans might not.
- Bryan introduces Ali to the fans.
- Bryan calls Ali an incredible performer.
- Bryan says he sees a lot of himself in Ali.
- Bryan says they don’t need to have the match tonight.
- Ali asks Bryan what happened to him.
- Ali said it was Bryan who made him believe he could be a WWE Superstar.
- Ali says the old Daniel Bryan would want to fight. That’s what Ali wants. A fight.
- Bryan asks Ali what kind of car he drives.
- Ali says he drives an SUV.
- Bryan questions Ali why he would need a SUV.
- Ali starts to explain.
- Bryan attacks Ali.
Daniel Bryan vs Mustafa Ali
- Who would’ve thought we’d get this match on Smackdown? New stuff. I like it.
- We don’t need two commercial breaks during this all-star match.
- Bryan targets Ali’s left leg.
- The New Day are the hosts for the Rap Battle.
- The Bar weren’t that bad in my opinion.
- The Bar attack The New Day & The Usos.
The Miz Promo
- The Miz wants Shane McMahon to come out.
- Shane asks Miz if he’s doing ok.
- Miz says Shane won’t answer his calls or respond to their texts.
- McMahon says it’s starting to get a little weird.
- Miz says the trophy is just an accomplishment that they earned.
- Miz demands for a referee.
- It’s Miz & McMahon vs Chip & Chad.
- Chip & Chad attack Shane.
Paige Backstage Segment
- Paige is pissed at a WWE Official.
- Chip & Chad want $5,000.
- Paige demands everyone to leave her office.
Randy Orton Promo
- Orton rolls two tapes of him unmasking Mysterio.
- Mysterio attacks Orton with a steel chair.
- Mysterio delivers a 619.
- Mysterio stands tall.
Becky Lynch Backstage Interview
- Becky says she has to compete in one of the most grueling matches in her first match back.
- Becky says she has no advantage.
- Lynch says she can’t wait to remind the world how much chaos she can create.
Hardy & Rusev vs Nakamura & Joe
- Nakamura attacked Hardy before the match.
- Lana is in Rusev & Hardy’s corner.
Shane McMahon & The Miz Backstage Segment
- McMahon confronts Miz.
- Miz is really trying hard to become Shane’s partner.
- Miz offers a handshake to Shane. Shane doesn’t shake Miz’s hand. A sign of a double turn incoming? I am interested.
AJ Styles Backstage Interview
- AJ Styles says he wants to beat the hell out of Daniel Bryan.
- Styles says he is counting down the days, hours & minutes until TLC.
- Styles says he will do whatever it takes to get the WWE Championship back.
Charlotte Flair vs Asuka
- Flair says the Queen doesn’t break, she breaks undefeated streaks.
- Flair says Asuka & Lynch will bow down to the queen.
- Becky Lynch is ringside for the match.
- Asuka applies an early Asuka Lock, Flair escapes.
- Asuka with lots of submissions.
- Becky has the same look on her face when she watches every match. Kind of like a studying her opponent face.
- Flair uses a kendo stick on Asuka.
- Flair then proceeds to attack Lynch.
- Lynch responds by sending Flair into the steel steps.
- Asuka throws Lynch over the announce table.
- Asuka stands tall.